Élégant, Magique and Exclusif: Le Dîner En Blanc is Returning to Sydney and Canberra this Novermber 2022
Australia’s most sophisticated celebration of food, friends and fine wine, Le Dîner en Blanc is returning to Sydney (12 Nov) and Canberra (26 Nov) this November 2022 at two new secret locations.
An elegant and exclusive affair, Le Dîner en Blanc has become THE social gathering of the year for Australians. This outdoor dining event transports guests into another world, offering guests the opportunity to meet new people with long-time friends while dressed up in white at a dinner à la Française.
At Le Dîner en Blanc, both the conversation and champagne flow and the celebrations seem endless.
Antoine Bessis, host of Le Dîner en Blanc in Sydney and Canberra, said “We’re thrilled to not only bring Le Dîner en Blanc back to Sydney for this 10th edition, but also in Canberra for its 5th edition after two tumultuous years. We hope Sydneysiders and our loved Canberrans will join us for these truly magical nights. We’ve got some massive surprises in store too, so the wait will certainly be worth it.”
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited. As per Sydney’s and Canberra’s alcohol licensing laws, guests cannot bring their own alcohol, nor is any beverage allowed to BYO. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must pre-order online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at the assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Photos by: NOMAD Photography
Guests must bring
A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
A picnic basket comprising proper stemware and white dinnerware.
A catered picnic basket option, which can be pre-purchased online and picked up on-site, available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
2022 Le Dîner en Blanc dates and cities:
Sydney – 12 November
Canberra – 26 November
Photographer: Damien Magee