QANTAS FREQUENT FLYER GEARS UP FOR POINTS BIDDING FRENZY
Qantas Frequent Flyer has launched an online auction house, offering members exclusive items to bid on using Qantas Points.
The new initiative – Points Auction– is an airline-first and will launch with five unique experiences going under the hammer over five days.
The points auction has now started and items available this week are:
- private charter flight to Byron Bay, Hamilton Island or Devonport inclusive of premium Qantas hospitality
- a luxury holiday for four people to Queenstown
- kids soccer coaching clinic with Socceroos Coach Graham Arnold
- spin in the 787 simulator with one of Qantas’ most experienced Captains
- two ‘pre-loved’ Qantas A380 Business class Skybeds to keep in the lounge room
Qantas Loyalty CEO Olivia Wirth said over the past 18 months Qantas Frequent Flyers have accelerated their points balances from activities on the ground more than ever, and this new initiative was about giving them more exciting opportunities to use some of those Qantas Points.
“This is a restless time for many Australians who can’t wait for both international and domestic borders to fully open so they can take off to some of their favourite destinations,” Mrs Wirth said.
“Whilst travel remains the number one thing frequent flyers want to use their Qantas Points on once borders open up, we know that many are keen to use some points on unique, big-ticket items.
“Points Auction gives members the chance to bid on special experiences and we expect these items to create a points bidding frenzy.”
One item will be auctioned off each day from 2 to 6 August 2021 between 8am and 9pm AEST and is open to Australian residents who are Qantas Frequent Flyers aged 18 and over.
The member must place the highest bid by 9pm AEST and have the points available in their account to accept the item.
Based on the success of the first Points Auction, Qantas Frequent Flyer will look at sourcing more unique items exclusive to its members to be auctioned off throughout the year.
- Discover the exhilaration of flying as you take virtual command of a Qantas 787 Dreamliner. During the 2.5 hour session, you’ll be under the personal instruction of one of our most experienced Captains – Qantas Chief Technical Pilot Alex Passerini, or Qantas Fleet Operations Manager Lisa Norman, who operated Qantas’ inaugural B787 flight from Perth to London non-stop.
Starting bid = 50,000 Qantas Points
- Overlooking Lake Wakatipu, with uninterrupted views extending to the snow-capped mountain ranges, Eichardt’s Private Hotel is the pinnacle of luxury accommodation in Queenstown. The package includes four return Qantas Business class flights to Queenstown, penthouse accommodation for three nights with all the trimmings including a private chef and a fully-stocked mini bar and private dining on a super yacht.
Starting bid = 300,000 Qantas Points
- A children’s coaching clinic with Socceroos’ Head Coach Graham Arnold, who represented Australia 56 times as a striker during an international career spanning 12 years. In this hour-long training session for up to 20 children hosted in NSW, the kids will warm up, be taken through drills and skills and play a game.
Starting bid = 100,000 Qantas Points
- Land yourself a priceless piece of Qantas memorabilia – two ‘pre-loved’ A380 Business class Skybeds*, they’ll make you feel like you’re permanently in the sky. Full disclosure, the built-in screens don’t work outside of the plane, but picture this… reclining on a Skybed in your media room, sipping champagne, watching the latest TV series. They’ll be the hottest seats in the house.
Starting bid = 350,000 Qantas Points
- Invite up to 30 of your friends and family members to take off on your private Qantas Dash-8 and enjoy Qantas’ renowned hospitality in the lounge and inflight. Choose from three incredible destinations: Sydney to Byron Bay, Brisbane to Hamilton Island or Melbourne to Devonport.
Starting bid = 1.2 million Qantas Points